The International Fulldome Festival "Reflections of the Universe" (hereinafter referred to as "Festival") aims to heighten the interest of the Russian community towards planetariums as innovative, cultural and educational institutions, to unlock the creative potential of the people working in Russian planetariums, and create modern studios for producing educational and scientific fulldome content for planetariums in the territory of Russia. The Festival expands the focus area of planetariums, introduces new ways for popularizing science and showcasing space and astronomy research to various social groups, including the Russian and foreign youngsters.
The fourth edition of the Festival will be traditionally held by the State Autonomous Cultural Institution of Yaroslavl Region "Cultural and Educational Center named after Valentina V. Tereshkova" at the address: Tchaikovsky Street 3, Yaroslavl, 150000, Russia. As the Organizing Committee has decided, the Festival is held bi-annually. In 2019, the Festival will take place on June 14 – June 16 and will be dedicated to the 55th anniversary of the flight made by the first female cosmonaut. The Festival awards will also bear the name of Valentina V. Tereshkova.
• Polina P. Gordeeva – chief expert of culture and arts office of Department of Culture of Yaroslavl Region (as agreed)
• Elena A. Tereshkova – Vice President of V.V. Tereshkova Charitable Foundation (as agreed)
• Irina N. Trofileva – Director of the State Autonomous Cultural Institution of Yaroslavl Region “Cultural and Educational Center named after Valentina V. Tereshkova”
• Zinaida P. Sitkova – chief expert of the Municipal Budgetary Institution of Culture "Nizhny Novgorod Planetarium" and co-chair of the Russian Planetariums Association
• Andrey V. Lobanov – co-chair of the Russian Planetariums Association, Director of Svensons ART MEDIA
• Yaroslav V. Gubchenko – Executive Director of Fulldome Film.
Secretary of Organizing Committee:
Ekaterina N. Tikhomirova – Deputy Director for Academic and Advisory Affairs of the State Autonomous Cultural Institution of Yaroslavl Region "Cultural and Educational Center named after Valentina V. Tereshkova".
Festival Aims to:
– Show a powerful potential of planetariums and their cutting-edge projection equipment in cultural and educational fields;
– Heighten an interest to the production of fulldome shows for the Russian and foreign planetariums.
– To demonstrate the creative potential of the Russian and foreign fulldome producers;
– To expand the focus area of planetariums and give an impetus to the production of intellectual property assets;
– To encourage mindset formation and help people finding their own place in the world.
Who Will Attend the Festival:
– Directors and workers of the Russian planetariums
– Representatives of foreign planetariums
– Representatives of the scientific community and business
– Freelance fulldome specialists
–Producers of fulldome content
– Other concerned parties.
Expected Festival Results:
– The winning authors and creative teams will get support and acclaim
– The Festival participants will gain valuable creative experience through communication with their foreign colleagues and will be able to produce unique programs in order to increase the intellectual level and attendance of modern planetariums.